There are countless reasons to love being an Ironworker:
- I get to point out all the buildings I have built to my kids over and over and over again. I never get tired of that, although my kids are to the point that they finish my stories for me line for line.
- We get the girls, unless you’re a female Ironworker. If you’re a female Ironworker you just get anything you want because you are a special kind of badass!
- We stay fit year round without going to crossfit (insert crossfit joke here).
- All the other trades look up to us, literally and figuratively.
- We are first into a job and first out, just like the Marines!
- And, we get bridges named after us, at least if your name is Alfred Zampa. He was one bad S.O.B, read his story in the link below. For me, I have had a few porta-potties named after me. #goals